View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
I think the day of the selfish "fat cat" should be over,
Sal, first of all, I do agree we need health care reform. Cheaper and easier access to basic and emergency care, but that said.....

After the financial beating that many of the "fat cat" folks took this last year, I'm not sure there would be enough excess to "take" from them to pay for health care. Many of them I know just looked like fat cats... they lived on credit.

With the supposed salary caps that are coming... those fat cats won't be hauling in the same amount of money... so where to look then?? I don't see our economy rebounding and stay "rebounded" for quite some time.

As Riverwild stated: "I believe that the American consumer will get screwed in some way, shape or form, as usual." ... I believe this too. As one that already has a form of gov't managed health care...military for 28 years... I don't like my often very limited choices. Most of the time the doctor choices stink. I'm lucky my neuro sees me and I had to fight to get to keep him! They have been generous in providing my MS meds for a cheap copay. But mostly, I have to do/go where they say or do without.
SallyC (06-15-2009)