View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Zane,

Sorry for your loss. Your dedication to your friend is admirable.

Yes,
Symptoms like you are experiencing are not uncommon. Your brain endured quite a load of stress while you cared for your friend. This stress, coupled with minor depression from the grieving process, creates a toxic effect on the brain. The cognitive deficits are a result of this overload.

I would suggest finding a neuro-psychiatrist for an evaluation. I would also get onto a high nutrition diet with supplements, especially those formulated for stress.

The PCS/Multiple Impact Syndrome brain is already in a state of compromise and this extra stress just pushes it past its ability to cope.

I experienced a similar situation back in 1982 after being ripped off for more than half a million dollars. My PCS/Multiple Impact Syndrome (13 concussions) combined with the stress to leave me like a zombie. I could not function. I have old photos that show me looking gaunt and pale. A ortho-molecular psychiatrist helped me recover in just eight weeks. He gave me B-12 shots and got me on a good diet with nutrition supplements.

btw, Our wonderful courts helped me eventually recover about $60,000. Never trust judges, attorneys, loan officers or real estate agents.

But I digress.

Seek out every opportunity to reduce stress in your life. I wish I could help you find a good physician. They are like hens teeth to find. Be persistent. Ask questions. Maybe a grief counselor could give you a referral to someone who can help.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-19-2009)