View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Here's another one:

Quote:
The first reported case of autism happened after Thimerosal was added to vaccines (in the 1930s). These are all indisputable facts.
http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I need to go back up and read your links...but agreed! There is no way for us to conclude that prior to a specific classification that it didn't exist at all...that's logical...but if you play out (or play back the inverse of) the exponential increase that we've seen since it's classification (in what appeares to be the 30's - my mom was born in '39)...then you can get pretty close to zero in pretty recent years...probably during my grandparents generation.

Technically, or mathematically (where's Ronan) an exonential function will never reach zero, but it's impossible to have less than a person, and you WILL quickly reach a number less than 1, so mathematically it will converge to zero, and be considered accurately zero at a defined date....

So, on one hand it seems reasonable that the first case could have been in existence a long time ago, with the 'error' perhaps bouncing around in our gene pool waiting to reimmerge...at the same time there is good foundation to argue that this is a 'new' disorder too. Of course new in respect to our age as a speces that is....

I'll go back and read your links now to see how much I may have just stuck my foot in my mouth.....

KJ
*KJ* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote