View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy 14 years of PN now more problems - your help please.

I have had small fibre idiopathic PN in my feet now for 14 years and in the last twelve months it has become pure hell. The worse aspects have been violent cramps in my ankles together with increased pain in my toes and burning in the soles of my feet. The cramping is now spreading to my calves. Nothing I have tried seems to help the cramping at all, either orally or topically.
I have been on a long term dose of 3600mg neurontin together with 40mg oxycodone per day in four divided doses. I take many supplements and have done as much exercise as my body will permit. In addition I also have a tarsal tunnel compression which causes numbness in my little and half ring finger on my left hand.

I have been reading here about the possibility of an autonomic connection because I have had bowel and bladder problems for some time now. The doctor has always said he thinks it is due mainly to IBS and a slightly enlarged prostate which I have had examined for anything more serious. I am not convinced though.

I now have another major problem. After a couple of angina attacks after twice walking a short distance faster than usual I have undergone various complex tests only to be told that I have excessive calcium in my arteries and have therefore got to undergo one more deep CT heart scan in London in early January to discover just where the calcium is lying. It may involve me having an angioplasty and a stent so I have been told for I have said I will not consider surgery. Just where this puts me with my worsening PN I do not know. Perhaps someone can offer me some advice as my PN causes me by far the worse discomfort unless of course I try to trot across a road!

BTW some members may remember that I used to post on the old BT board as ASTRA. I have been reading both boards for some time but due to my poor health have not really felt up to posting for awhile. I will try and participate a little more if I can.

Tony
Adastra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote