View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 2 Thoracic Fusions and Fibromyalgia

Maybe a few of you folks on here might have some helpful suggestions. Background: 34 yr F with scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, and very active fibromyalgia. In November T7-8 herniated disc was pressing on my spinal cord, so they did an emergency fusion of those discs, with a piece of my rib bone, and a rod and 2 screws. In March, 3 months ago, the same disc herniated out the other side, but worse, and they did another emergency fusion and fused T7-T11, now I have 3 rods and several screws. The doctors say it can take up to 2 years for full bone fusion to occur. The healing is going very slowly. It hurts to sit for long periods of time, usually more than an hour and I'm done, I have trouble bending forward to reach my toes, it hurts to get in and out of bed and the car. I am not starting physical therapy till the 2nd week in July. I tried doing some stretches and gentle excercises and I ended up in bed in agony. I am so depressed! How am I supposed to figure out where to stop? I felt no pain when I did the exercises, the next 2 days I can barely move! Any suggestions? ~Crystal
Sambouka74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (06-17-2009)