View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It doesnt feel arthritic. I have arthritis in both of my big toes (the toe pain is worse than the knee pain actually. Feels like broken bones)

The pain in my knee feels more like soft tissue pain. Like I injured the tendons or ligaments that hold the kneecap onto the knee.

Oh yeah, did I mention that my kneecaps are weird. They're "floaters". They dont seem to be connected to the knee like they're supposed to be. I can actually move my kneecap around with my hand (that usually doesnt hurt, unless the kneecap gets "stuck" on something) Been like that since I was a baby. Think that's related to a birth defect I was born with. My achilles tendons are shorter than they're supposed to be too, which I think explains somewhat why my achilles tendon ruptured in 2001.

I'm just wondering if some of the pain I occasionally wake up with is caused by the MS, or if I'm just weird. I've woken up with the knee pain before. I seem to get tendonitis really easily. I get tendonitis in my shoulder, especially the left one, all the time. That's sore this week too, but not as distracting or painful as knee pain.

Do MSers get tendonitis more often than non-MSers?? Are we more prone to it? Because this feels more like a tendon/ligament problem, with some muscle pain.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote