View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:36 PM
mhr4

mhr4

Red face Neuro-opthmalic rehabilitation

[QUOTE=vini;515192]hi all

thought I would tack this on here as its came up on another thead
at headway a brain injury support charity I attend we do one hour of tai chi in the sitting position as many of us have mobility problems I think it can help on many levels spacial awareness being one ,but also if like me and with more severe injury you can loss your ability to follow sequences it can help with this also if headway think it of use it may well be useful

Hi Vinny,

If you haven't already, I would also look into doing some neuro-opthmalic rehabilitation, or vision therapy. There is a syndrome called "visual midline shift syndrome" that is extremely common in people with head injuries. Sounds like you have some spatial awareness problems, which is a classic symptom of this syndrome. I have this and a classic symptom I display is that I'm always tilting my body to one side, and I have to prop my head up with my arm when I'm sitting. With the use of yoked and prism glasses, you can retrain your brain (at least that is the idea). I begin my therapy next week. For anyone looking into this though, as with any medical practitioner you see, make sure they have experience in brain rehabilitation.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote