Thread: Rheumy visit
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Hey Mary!

Hello sweetheart! 17 blood tests? Are you going to have any blood left? Geez!

Do they take the blood from your hand or arm? It is much easier (for me) to have them take it out of my hand, as long as it is WARMED up before they start! See if you can put a hot glove on the area that they are going to take the blood from - it really does help!

When do they plan on doing the nerve/muscle biopsy? Do you have someone to take you to/from your appt?

Do you suffer from anxiety before labs? I have noticed that xanax works wonders for me! I also wear a lidocaine patch on my hand - even though thy only use a butterfly needle. I am lucky though, I go to Cancer Care Centers for all of my labs and they are the best!

Big hugs and PRAYERS for you!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryec View Post
Went for my app. today, with the rheumy, I was sent by my neuro after he found myopathy & neuropathy in my emg & ncv. I was told today I have muscle wasting in my hands & upper body as well, I guess that explains my problem with my wieght loss. He wants to see a nerve biopsy done the same time as my muscle biopsy. I have 17 blood tests I have to do tomorrow, he has ordered, a whole sheet full ! Jeeez ! I hope I can do them all, my viens collapse, blow, scared & are very tiny, good luck to me !