View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wonderful ideas, Xmas. We do a 4 generation baking thing with my Mom, me, my daughter and granddaughter. My Mom says it's the main reason she lets us drag her up here to stay with us for 2 weeks! We get really crazy - tossing eggs to each other instead of handing them, etc. - all the while to Xmas music and egg nog. I like the other tradition idea too, though - once we teach my daughter in law how to cook/bake that my work!

When we have had to do cash or gift cards I have made a game of it by sending them all on individual treasure hunts. I type up rhymes to send them from one place to then next until they get to the cash, or put gradually larger bills in each place. It's gotten to where they all enjoy that more than the gifts! Not just my g-daughter, but my grown kids as well.
I have resorted to online shopping, but have had a couple of snafu's with that - got the wrong watch for my husband, didn't get one of the gifts I'd ordered - ever, things like that so between the two, I think I like the cash better for the things I can't go buy.

Anyone else have any really cool ideas?

I LOVE XMAS