View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I can't even thank you enough for responding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi cuffs558,
Have you contacted RSDSA? You can put in your zip code and they will give you the name of closest support group and contact phone number. Attending one of the meetings and talking to others, may give you some Drs. that are familiar with RSD. As my great Dr. is moving, I'm going to try the Arizona Pain Center. Most larger cities have pain management centers, and they usually have RSD cases. I attended the annual RSDSA meeting, which this year was in Scottsdale , AZ I asked around at the meeting, 135 attended and got the name of a Dr. and guess what- he founded the Arizona Pain Center. The RSDSA meeting was held at the hospital where I go to, well twice anyway.
If you give us the state where you live, or city , that would give us an idea. I know the Cleveland Clinic has RSD Drs. And Philadelphia has Dr. Schwartzman who does the ketamine infusions. A few years ago the Mayo Clinic about a mile from my house did a Katamine study. Schwartzman was one of them along with a German Dr. Australian Dr. and I believe 3 others. One of my good friends was an assistant to them during this trial.
Dr. Harbut was another one-I believe he is in Philly too with Schwartzman. There is also a Dr. in Florida that took over the practice of Dr. Hooshmand, who retired after many many years treating RSD. The website to get in touch with his successor is Dr. Michael Powers in Phoenix, AZ is a neurologist that I went to for a while, that I thought was very good. We changed insurance, so I had to change Drs.
Your reaction to RS what is about what I thought. I wasn't diagnosed for 4 years-after surgery. Was misdiagnosed.
Your thoughts to Pete were very good. I've been thru the court battles a few times myself-pre RSD days. Wish you well with WC. Have you tried HBOT? My Dr. just built a couple of clinics with HBOT and I'm going to try it. I see him tomorrow. Take care, loretta
---Loretta,
Thank you for your advice. I wanted to respond to you & don't know how other then this..... which is fine but i'm sorry if it's not the proper way. I do belong to an rsd group here in Scranton, Pa.. One of the problems is the doctor has to be on a state list to give an IRE (Impairment Rating Evaluation). Besides that it seems that the doctors are not aware of what rsd really does to you as I have been hearing horror stories from everyone from the group. I hadn't really until this time but believe an agenda was being played out. (that's for another day). I did hear that I am a day late and a dollar short as there was a very good doctor who cared abt the pt, knew what rsd did to the body & who could do it but has moved out of philly and AWAY from schwartzman. I have to wait till he gets set up to see if Cleveland Clinic in Ohio has the same rules for ire's that pa does and if i can use him. I have seen another neurosurgeon in philly, he also states to stay away from schwartzman and the low dose treatments.
I have just gotten a name with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THOMAS JEFFERSON HOSP. Robert L. Knobler .......... Has anyone heard of him or his work???
cuffs558 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote