View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much for responding!! I've learned that the best info comes from others who have had the experience. When dealing with cushings I found a VERY good forum and depended on it a LOT for comfort, advice, etc. I understand that we are not doctors but just patients who sometimes know more than the docs do just from our experiences. LOL

Thanks again for sharing with me, both here and on the other forum!

I'll post about what the opto nueor says after my appt. Who knows, maybe she will have some advice.

The shot my neurologist gave me did have some steroid in it. I asked because that is important to me since my history is cushings disease. Now that I am "cured" of the cushings I am always weary of getting any type of injection that contains steroids. He assured me that it contained a minimal amount. I was hurting so bad that I honestly didn't care at that point. Just wanted/needed some relief!!

Also, I think I remember him saying that he could only give me these shots ever 6 months? ? ? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. My husband was there with me and he said something about a different type of shot ? ? Again, I was ready for some relief and anxious about the shot so probably missed something important.

Hugs
Amy
kalimae7371 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote