Thread: Surgery Update
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 08:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We survived

Hi everyone,

Wow, that was some blizzard! But other than being stuck in the hotel with no computer, and co-stranded with about 500 long-distance truckers and disgruntled travelers who couldn't get out at the airport, it was fine. It could have been much, much worse. For instance, the hospital cancelled all surgeries for Wednesday and Thursday, the day after my husband's surgery. Or we could have been unable to fly in if we came a day later, so I got nothing to complain about.

Ray will be discharged tomorrow. He's doing quite well. He already reports feeling less pain on a particularly sensitive part of his chest (probably where a mass of scar tissue was) Of course, this may be the dilaudid speaking, but we take hope where we can get it.

Tshadow, I want to add to something you said. I'm glad you said something about Dr. Brantigan's diagnostic tool of the spiral CT. I think I gushed about it in an earlier post, something to the effect of 'everyone should have one and it's the answer to everything, etc. etc.' Well, you're right and I was wrong. It makes things very clear for some people (like my husband) but depending upon one's problem, it may not tell a thing. I spoke to Dr. Brantigan today and he said the same thing. Oops, sorry for my unbridled and misplaced enthusiasm.

Thank you all for your continued concern and best wishes. I close with one final question. The timing for nerve glides. The PT said start right away and let pain be your guide. The doc said to not quite do them yet. So my question is how much, when, etc. We don't see the PT until next Wednesday which will be day 9 so I want to have some ideas before then.

Erin
Erin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote