View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Does anyone know of any good (MG) Docs in the MI,OH,IN,IL area? Please help!

Hello,

I'm so happy to have found this forum. I'd also like to apologize if I'm not using it correctly, but I'm at my whits end. I've scanned through the threads and haven't found the answers to the questions I have.

Let me tell you a little about myself, or actually it's my mother who's been diagnosed with MG. She has been diagnosed, but that seems to be as far as any of the doctors in her area can go. She's on 60 mg 4 times a day of Pyridostigm. She has always had problems with her thyroid and is a diabetic. (not sure if those matter or not) Basically, she can't get a doctor to give her five minuets of their time to talk to her about this. She had an appointment today to see if her medications were working. There was some confusion as to what time the appointment was. She thought it was for 10:30 am, when it was really for 10:15 am. The doctor came in, checked her vitals, asked her a few questions and then said, "Ok, seems like the meds are working". My mother then started to ask a few questions and the doctor rudely snapped, "you were late, I have other patients to see, I don't have the time to spend with you now". I know she was in the wrong for being 15 min. late, however I think it was a bogus excuse for the doctor because he doesn't know a whole lot of what he's talking about and didn't want to say, "I don't know".

My mom seems like she's defeated, she's normally a fighter and is willing to get to the bottom of things. However now she just seems incredibly hopeless. So that's where I step in, I'm 26 hours away from her and feel helpless. My husband is in the military and I just can't get up there to help her. Not too sure what I could do if I were there, but I feel like it would help. So I'm searching the far corners of the net in hopes to find some answers for her. If anyone has ANY tips, help, advice it would NOT fall on deaf ears.

I guess I'm basically asking if anyone out there in the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois area has been to a medical professional that has seen cases of MG and knows how to deal with it. My father called me this evening and asked that I try to find a doctor. He doesn't care how far it is, he will get her there. He's always been so strong and it was hard to hear him sound so upset with not being able to help my mother.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read all of that. Again any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
miohin123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote