15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks

[QUOTE=mhr4;524195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
hi all

thought I would tack this on here as its came up on another thead
at headway a brain injury support charity I attend we do one hour of tai chi in the sitting position as many of us have mobility problems I think it can help on many levels spacial awareness being one ,but also if like me and with more severe injury you can loss your ability to follow sequences it can help with this also if headway think it of use it may well be useful

Hi Vinny,

If you haven't already, I would also look into doing some neuro-opthmalic rehabilitation, or vision therapy. There is a syndrome called "visual midline shift syndrome" that is extremely common in people with head injuries. Sounds like you have some spatial awareness problems, which is a classic symptom of this syndrome. I have this and a classic symptom I display is that I'm always tilting my body to one side, and I have to prop my head up with my arm when I'm sitting. With the use of yoked and prism glasses, you can retrain your brain (at least that is the idea). I begin my therapy next week. For anyone looking into this though, as with any medical practitioner you see, make sure they have experience in brain rehabilitation.
thank you
unlike the medical system in the US many of these treatments are not available here, they need to be approved by the NHS and for many the cost is prohibitive, but thats not to say they do not have merit,

my gate is slightly off, its a bit like standing on the deck of a boat . I tend to vier around and feel sick in cars and walking sometimes , I have to visually orientate myself if I close my eyes I will lose my balance
its a bit like Ménière's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9...re%27s_disease

I had a CSF leak and still do but it mainly go,s down my throat now. I am awaiting more tests at kings collage London it could be the leak, but it could be the TBI fluctuation in CSF pressure can affect the inner ear, I have real loud tinnitus also

All we seem to get from the doctors is learn to live with, it and wait and see

my doctors are good men, but the system is very slow, if they don,t think you are dying
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote