Thread: Just talking
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

I am officially done with shopping, as of about two hours ago! Now, I just have to focus on food. Ugghhh. When you are gluten free you can't just "go anywhere"... you always have to think ahead and pack food. So, tonight I am making buns so we can have sandwiches at my sisters, and cookies, so my dd does not have to go without dessert.

BUT.. the good news is... I am done with shopping (and wrapping!) and ready to start the festivities! Well, I still have to buy candy for the stockings. Not sure when I'll fit that in.

We normally have cold and snow for Christmas, but today it hit 63 and it has been raining for TWO days. Flood warnings are being given. Hard to believe two weeks ago we had 17 inches of snow... and now..we are swimming.

Those darn squirrels are out in full force digging up the yard again!!

Oh gosh.. my other big news is that we have a new dishwasher and our glasses are sparkling clean again. Yippee! Our son made up for the last two years of missed birthdays, and missed mother's and father's day... and gave us a very sincere gift card to Lowe's. It is nice to have him off the family payroll, and giving back...lol! We had our Christmas with him last weekend.

Well, tomorrow morn we head "up north" for Christmas with folks and my sister in her log mansion on a lake. Should be very Norman Rockwell . They might even work out a horse driven sleigh.

Happy Holidays!

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote