View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i don't know your mom's age etc but my insurance company has case managers who can guide patients through difficult times at no charge. mine called 1 week after i was given mestinon[the same med] ,gives extra mental support, the drug prompted them to call. she is great ,researchs things, mails me things[even though i'm online] can act as gobetween with drs and pharmacies. it's just an extra set of eyes and ears to help the patient also i can vent certain things to her that i won't to my hubby or family. also there is usually low or no cost transportation available for senior citizens or disabled folks. there is also in some areas online grocery shopping for nominal fees. my motherin law was disabled at home for 1 yr with 24/7 livein aid. my mil drove me nuts!!! i took her to med appts and when she was able i found the dial a ride in her town, registered her and it cost $1 per person if you could afford it. they went to a grocery store 5 days a wk and more. one time when she went to counseling appt for depression meds she told her she never got out & couldn't drive, noone came to see me never got to store etc. when they were done woamn asked since i divvied up pills could i come in so she could explain changes-milaw said fine. then the lady started on how isolated milaw felt etc-what a shock she got when i said i had found solution for over 2 months now and she hadn't used it once and she wouldn't even sit outside on the patio with the aide. sorry for ramblig but hope this helps you remember depression is also a factor in chronic illness
xmas 25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote