View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerc View Post
Have been a visitor here quite often this is one of my first post so be gentle.

Were any of you able to determine "signs" that you now know were actual signs that your CRPS was getting worse and possible spreading?

Lately I am sweating a lot all over by body, and when my CRPS first started it would be located on my left ankle and foot. Pain is about the same.
Have new light brown blotch on my right ankle (opposite ankle that now hurts) and it is starting to hurt in a minor way. Does it spread in this fashion with these signs?
Also feeling much more nauseated most of the day and sleep is even more difficult and fatigue is worse.
Medications are pretty much the same and I have stopped working for a couple of weeks to give my self a chance to rest and heal up. (Only worked 33% before this due to MS)

I have had one spinal block with just a little relief for about 8 hours.
Hi Rogerc,
I found when my rsd was spreading I noticed pain obviously and a sort of sunburn feeling, as well as some extra sensativity in the area.. sometimes I felt what felt like little bugs running under my skin, other areas it felt like cold water trickling down an area.. it's very weird what your nerves can do, I realy thought I was going crazy.

The best advice I can give and I think others here would agree is to start taking vitimin C (1000 mg) and alot more antioxident type food and drinks.
Sounds too simple I know but try it, studies have shown that vitimin C has actualy stoped 75% (3/4) of RSD from initaly happening after radial wrist fractures in multipal hospital studies when taken for the first 50 days.
I found out about the studies after my RSD had spread unfortunatly, but vitimin c and other antioxidents still help quite emensly with the inflamation and pain I find.

Good luck Rogerc
keep posting it's good for you to be involved, and do some research you will be amazed at what is out there for you.. we need to look after ourselves, our doctors are learning too slowly.

Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote