View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's so funny you all are talking about dogs today. My husband called me from work today and said he wants to get me a dog, which is a big statement from him. Rach, be careful about the antibiotics like Erin said. I've had problems with those as well.

The other day I mentioned that I was having a double IVIG treatment. I usually have 400mg but this is 1 gram in a single infusion. Well, it did help the MG, but I've had some serious side effects. First, I broke out in large hives all over my arms, face and back and felt like I had been run over by a truck. Yesterday morning I woke with horrible head pain and nausea. I've been in bed ever since except for going to my doctor twice. My blood pressure has spiked to 180/120 (it's always normal). I read online from the IVIG manufacturer that people over 50 are not recommended to have more than 400 mg in one infusion, that anything more is generally more than your body can tolerate at that age. It listed the dangers as spike in blood pressure and severe headache with vascular complications. Well, I've learned a lesson here - just an fyi to everyone in my age bracket to be cautious in this regard.

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote