View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I realize as I read here every day that I am not alone,to think that three years ago I had never even heard of neuropathy! I know it now and realize I am responsible to be my own advocate and set my own limits. It has been hard to give up mowing the lawn, dancing with a baby grandchild in the kitchen to Elvis, I have learned to sit on the floor and bang measuring cups together instead. I have to create my own karma, so if I want to have a good day I have to work harder to make it a good day for someone else. Actually, it means I have to curb my sacastic tongue and reel it in, no easy task for me, I love raw humor, but now I choose my victoms more wisely.
I am blessed to have two very good doctors in my life that listen to me, that I didn't have to search for them, everything just fell into place from the ER visit when PN hit and they have made the journey easier for me.
I have so much less pain that others that post here, helps me keep my chin up and attend my pitty party less often and pray for those who have it worse.
I am so lucky for all the wisdom and advice for those who came here before me, even though I rarely post I am here every day. It led me to B12 first and then other nutrional supplements, coping skills, and so on. So, as we near Christmas and the end of this year let me say thank you everyone, for your wisdom, your humor, your courage and general support, what a wonderful site I found.
Happy Holidays-Janna
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote