Thread: Older onset
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 20 years ago. I never could accept it, and had symptoms very similar to yours. A few months back I went to a new pain doc, and he changed my diagnoses to Myofascial pain. I especially have the pain in my legs at night. It is awful, and not much would help, and it would keep you from being able to sleep at all. It drove me nuts for years. Nothing seemed to help.

A few months back I decided to try some L-tryptophan to help me to sleep. I was shocked when it also got rid of the pain in my legs. I was able to sleep without near as much pain. I have gotten to where I don't have to take it everynight. I take it when the pain keeps me from sleeping. I am also trying some magnesium. I also found that moist heat helped me as well.

I also take Noni juice (100% natural), and it helps me as well. I have a neck fusion due to DDD, so I understand those challenges as well. Check out the Vitamins forum. There is some good information in there on the L-tryptophan and magnesium. I hope this will help you. The Noni juice, and Vitamin C help me with the chronic fatigue.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote