View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mike,

You sure are not afraid to come on STRONG.

The reports you have read supporting embryonic stem cell (ESC) research are so distorted because those groups are lobbying hard for federal and state research dollars. It is about money, not valid technology. Private entities have always had the option of doing research with embryonic stem cells as long as their study was not funded with public tax dollars.

The fight has actually been over whether we protect ESC's which if made law, scares the pro-abortion crowd and those who want to create designer babies and sell custom body parts. .

Despite the unrestricted ability to to ESC research at a private funding level, it has been the non-embryonic stem cell technologies that have progressed. The risk of DNA damage done when they try to make ESC's less prone to cause rejection has been shown to cause other risks. Autologous stem cells leave the researchers with undamaged stem cells that can then be used without risk of rejection nor any risk of mutation caused by the rejection reducing stem cell procedure.

btw, The report I read about the teeth growing in brains was from a recently published journal. I receive many medical newsletters. Googling to find old articles is not worth the effort unless I have a narrow subject to research. Googling ESC's results in 3 million hits.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote