View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

True enough Mike, there are few resources dedicated to research into RSD/CRPS, it's just not a sexy disease that attracts the big bucks and star talent. This is not meant to degrade the efforts and talents of those very dedicated individuals who do study RSD/CRPS.

That being said, recently I sat in front of a doctor considered to be a world renowned expert in the field of chronic pain (at least here in Vancouver) who flat our told me that RSD does not spread. I should send a copy of this article by Schwartzman to him for his reference.

Sadly we are faced with having to live with a progressive painful condition that just doesn't have the complete understanding of modern medicine at this point in time.

Schwartzman's redefinition has caught me a bit off guard, perhaps I've been the ostrich with my head in the sand denying the inevitable but I feel a little depressed by this definition. I realize now that there is little hope to stop it in it's tracks before it takes over the rest of my body.

The good new is that many of the great minds that do dedicate their careers to this condition do continue to carry the ball forward and meet internationally to share their findings. Perhaps we will see some kind of breakthrough in our lifetime.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote