Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I read up on Hypermobile and that is sure not me. I am 57 but as definatly sure I wasn't even as a child.

I am sure I had CFS and Fibro as a child and in school I couldn't do a lot of the sports and activities that other kids do. If I did it was a joke. I barely can move my joints in a normal way. Years ago a Dr. in NM told me that the tendons that go down the back of my legs were too short, that could explain why I had problems in sports but I'm definatly not able to bend like hypermoble people do.

I have seen people who can do some of the things that hypermoble people do though.

Interesting that they say most people with RSD have this. It will be interesting to see how many if any do.

Ada
Thanks for your input, Ada!

What you described about not being able to do sports sounds a lot like I was. I can't do sports now because of my RSD but when I was in school, I could never do anything in gym other than swimming.

I could never figure out how to do any of the sports and really hated having to do sports every week as I used to feel really stupid when I couldn't do any of the things that the other kids could!

I was diagnosed a few months ago with Dyspraxia which is a co-ordination problem and my PT's and doctor believe that that is probably the reason why I had so many problems in gym. No one ever picked up on it before I was diagnosed with RSD but I definitaley always had problems with it. In PT, I am always having to get the PTs to show me how to do anything as I can never figure out what I have to do which is really annoying!!!

Sorry you had to deal with that also as I know how stressful it is!
loretta (07-10-2009)