View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

IMHO you never give up and admit defeat - that's just too much.

I've had long times of doing nothing (PPMS responds to little), Gave up Rebif after 2 years, it was doing nothing, swear it made me feel worse than MS- gave me more MS like symptoms, non - ambulatory so they wouldn't let me in Fingolimod clinical trial, but tried. Trying 4-AP soon (non-FDA approved but my neurologist will prescribe -- must be done by a compounding pharmacy - Will try LDN next if this doesn't help - not a great success with PPMSers. If Neuro won't prescribe, bet nice PCP will. Not going out of country, but if stem cell becomes available will try. If nothing is left, will stop until next thing comes. MRIs are bad for me (hate them, I spazz and negate process), not much help (duh, I know I have lesions, loss of walking shows all the progression I need to know) so won't do anymore. But while I make decisions for me, take breaks, I will never give up. Me and Don Quixote (it was a book and musical!!) jousting with windmills. "To dream the impossible dream" the song goes. Yes.
0)
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-18-2009), SallyC (06-18-2009), SandyC (06-18-2009)