View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Glenn, I see that you have concerns about BT's future,.

BUT, I have to let you know, that I'd tried over a year ago by posting directly via BT pm's to those who could devise a fundraising plan apply for and get grant/corp monies: and not be beholden other than proof in the pudding! I've had extensive exper in non-profits and have help many via grants to same. The planning, board development, fundraising sides are all important to ensuring the best such a site can support. I RECEIVED NO/ZERO response! I believe that all the wonderful folks are soo busy here 'doing what they do' that long term survival is not an issue at any immediate moment.
Many BT folks have been adrift and the words on BT2 really home in on how much the site[s] mean to so many.
I recommend two things: One, put our dollars where our mouths are! -IF you can! The 'puters, software, maintenance, back-ups, expansions due to need all require warms bodies, and accessories to allow the warm bodies 'to do their thing!' Bodies and $ make this world go round.
TWO: As for boards: very old axiom-GIVE, GO [get] or GET OFF! While I've long been in contact w/many non-profit development assistance groups[for a long time], I've still a few names, and can refer descreetly to best advantage of whoever-whats to get the most bucks for the least effort. Good board/committee/fundraising members from the corporate or business sectors don't necessarily have to be inflicted-you know, some may just have a relative and want to 'help'. There are good people out there, and to not get and use the right kinds of smarts is plain out-crisis management [no insult intended to John or others]. IF you want f/t mods and all that entails, you need the GIVE a part of yourself to make it happen... And reserves for the ever increasing intrusions into such a big system.

In the end, Glenn, what I see you asking is for the 'institutionalization' of BT, as it is, and maybe can be. There are a LOT of folks all around the BT Communities who have resources that can be had for the asking...just need to point-em in the rite directions!.
OK I've told you I can help in the planning and development aspects. What about YOU or others?
Don't complain......DO! - j
DocJohn, and John L I think you may hear the strident sounds of BT withdrawal! SOoo?

[Sides, you really gotta consider that this is a WHOLE boodle cheaper than Therapy!] - good thoughts to all! - j

Last edited by dahlek; 08-24-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: clear up spelling and edits
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote