View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rach, Caffeine is a stimulant. Speed is a stimulant. I think your doctors are on stimulants. Or they are on drugs that cause someone to be out of touch with reality.

Mestinon is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It never has been nor will it ever be a stimulant. It's one and only job is to keep the enzyme called acetylcholinesterase from "cleaning up" acetylcholine; so we have more acetylcholine in our neuromuscular junction to use and for a longer period of time. And in case they say it's just a benign drug, it can cause a cholinergic crisis where you can't breathe. If someone with a normal amount of acetylcholine takes it - like your doctors - they will be drooling and falling on the floor, unable to move or breathe.

Did any of your doctors/neurologists actually get a medical degree? Do they have a "Physicians Desk Reference" or even access to the internet so they can look these things up in order to not look like complete fools?

I swear I do not understand how they can so screw up your health care. It's reprehensible.

I hope someone will grab a clue and diagnose you soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (06-18-2009)