View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Doc,
I will be 51 in early 07. I also have bad joints and osteoporosis. I have the bone density of a 70 + yr old.

I have had 2 knee surgeries, 2 shoulder surgeries and have osteoarthritis in both knees and my left shoulder has been erosive and degenerative since my early 40s.

I have always been very active and did manual labor the majority of my working years. I am not the body structure for this kind of melt-down either.

But, I had a hysterectomy and thyroidecomy at 39. I am sure that these 2 gland removals did not help.

Have you had a bone density test? Certain medications can contribute to fragile bones also. And then some people just don't have strong joints.

I have gotten shots of synvisc in my knees. It is a series of three ( 1 per week). What a relief I received from them. It is synovial fluid and an antiinflammatory. I can no longer get steroid injections because I have had them in the knees and shoulders to the maximum.

Maybe there is something I said in here that may trigger something for you. Hope I was of some help.

Judy
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote