View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain right now, Stressedout! I hope the Lyrica helps you and relieves some of your pain. I'm glad to hear you got some sleep last night - that is really good as I know how much not sleeping affects us!

I was put on Lyrica just after I was diagnosed with RSD but have since come off it as it didn't help me at all and I gained lots of weight whilst on it. I think I put over 30lbs on in the few months I was on the Lyrica!

I had a pretty nasty time coming off the med and had withdrawal symptoms. I think my doctor told me to come off it a bit too quickly and that is why I had a hard time. The withdrawal symptoms were really horrible. I was always having panic attacks, lashing out and throwing up for a few days !!!!

From what I was told from my doctor, the Lyrica will only help with the pain and wont help the spasms. I have bad myoclonic spasms and Dystonias and was put on several muscle relaxants such as Baclofen alongside the Lyrica. I'd definitialey speak to your doctor about the possibility of a muscle relaxant if you haven't already and see what he says.

I hope the Lyrica helps you. As you know, everyone is different and what works for one wont work for another unfortunately. I've heard some people on here have great results with Lyrica whilst for others, it doesn't help.

As for supplements, I was told to take Vitamin C as our bones can often weaken and that can really help strengthen them up. Someone also suggested GSE (Grape Seed Extract) as it is supposed to stop any spreading. I tried taking it but didn't find it helped me.

I'm very sensitive to the cold also. I think it's a common symptom for most RSD'ers unfortunately. I can't have the air-conditioning on as it really aggrivates my leg. I hate when it is winter as it always makes my pain so much worse!!

My RSD limbs cramp up a lot also which is really frustrating as it can be very painful at times. My doctor thinks my cramping is from the Dystonia which I have as a result of the RSD. I've tried some muscle relaxants to try and relieve it but nothing seems to have worked for me.

Take care of yourself and please keep us posted as to how you get on with the Lyrica. I hope it helps you and will keep you in my thoughts!!

Alison.
AintSoBad (06-20-2009)