View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone ever heard of a "Fractional Christmas Club"?

I was having lunch the other day with a friend of mine who wants me to get into a "Fractional Christmas Club" with him. he has been in it for about 5 months and thinks it is "THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD". Keep in mind, he doesn't have much of a life. I wonder if anyone has heard of these.

Okay, the gist of it is, The club has 24 members, each member pays $50.00 monthly dues. Every month, one of the members gets the pot of $1,200. so, once every two years, you get a check for $1,200. Sort of like a savings account, you make a deposit every month and within two years, you get to "win" the pot.

It sounded fishy to me but he said he is got his pot this month (apparently it's a random drawing) The only hitch is, to insure you don't drop out the month after you get chosen, you have to commit for a minimum of 2 years.

It sounds kind of crazy, but also kind of interesting. They call it a Christmas club because for one member, they get an extra Christmas.

N.B. I am not going to join it, I struggle each month with my own commitments, I just wondered if anyone else has heard of one of these or has done one.