View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 02:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Note Lyrica Input

I have been taking Lyrica for months now. I can tell a huge difference in the burning pain level. They started me on a low dose which did not help so they have slowly increased it to 400mg. The initial side effects are brutal (I won't lie)... I did gain weight (115 to 130lbs) over the past 6 months (which has totally depressed me), vision has been effected, concentration was off, have a severe case of butter fingers (dropping things easily) and I felt dehydrated all the time. I have now gotten used to the major side effects but the big downside of this high of dosage is I am not allowed to drive. The plan is to continue to increase my level until we find a dosage that really helps cut down the burning sensation. I will go up to 600mg sometime in mid July. Oh boy!

I have been on Effexor XR for anxiety for over 10 yrs and it seems to work well with the Lyrica. I also take supplements recommended by my Ortho and PC. 1000mg of Vitamin C and 1200mg of Omega 3. I have increased my potassium intake to help with my muscle cramping and try to keep my caffine level low. For breakthrough pain I take Talwin NX, it has really helped take the edge off when I am hurting bad.

I hope this helps. Anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Good luck my friend.

** W/C injury...Diagnosed with CRPS w/ nerve damage in Apr '09, after a long 2 ½ yr battle with a knee injury. RSD has now spread to entire body.
aj822 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-20-2009)