Thread: Wrist braces
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default splints & insomnia

when i wear splints i can't sleep for some reason. same with cpap and dental appliances. so i don't wear any of them and the result is i have dental problems from grinding my teeth and headaches from sleep apnea. i don't notice any benefits from the splints anyway, unless i have a sprain.

i know what you mean about some not being comfy. i found one at the thrift store that had a velcro closure that allowed you to adjust the part that hit the end where the pinky is. this is the part that hurts me most when i wear them becauses i diagnosed myself with ulnar tunnel syndrome (funny how the docs can't seem to do that themselves!). i also have a pair that adjusts with shoelaces. these are second best to the velcro one i have.

i am hoping for rash cures myself. i get them when i am on antibiotics, the fungal kind. living on the humid gulf coast i am sure does not help. last visit to the doctor they gave me a pill and said take one a day till it goes away, and then stop it. they gave me only 3 pills tho and it was not enuf.

sometimes vinegar helps rashes, but it works best on poison ivy and chiggers, and has to be applied right after the exposure. for poison ivy and chiggers, you need to apply and wash it off. something in the vinegar makes the chiggers die, and by washing you keep them from staying embedded.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote