Thread: RSD and teeth
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 02:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hI KILIKINA AND WELCOME TO OUR FRIENDLY rsd GROUP.
I've read about RSD and teeth. Yes, it is possible to get RSD in the mouth. It scares me to go to dentist. When I go, the dentist order antibiotics for the day of the appointment. I now use nitrous oxide which puts you in la la land. I think the relaxation helps to not fire anything up. I take Lorazepam also day of appointment. There is a website by a Drs. that worked with RSD patients in Florida. He is retired now, but another Dr. has taken over a lot of his patients. The website is www.rsdrx.com
It has so much good information in it. There is a question about dental work. It might be under puzzles. There are over 140 puzzles, which are questions from patients and Dr. Hooshmand's answers. Hope this helps. This reminds me to make a dental appointment, THANKS A LOT SMILEY FACE tAKE CARE AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR APPOINTMENT TURNS OUT. i HAD A ROOT CANAL BEFORE i KNEW i HAD rsd. i WASN'T DIAGNOSED FOR 4 YEARS. BUT KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG. tHE DENTIST DIDN'T TELL ME, BUT GAVE ME EPHENEPHRINE mY MOUTH WAS WIRED OPEN AND i FELT LIKE i WAS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK. I got his attention and he unwired me and gave me an antidote. So I carry a medical alert card. My dentist and his assistant were more than willing to read about RSD. You might print off something about RSD and dental work & precautions.
Hope the best for you. loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-20-2009), kilikina (06-20-2009)