Thread: RSD and teeth
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kilikina,

Sorry to hear that you are going to need some dental work doing soon.

I also have problems with my teeth. I never had any problems before I got RSD but now they seem to chip very easily. When my mum spoke to my doctor about it, he said that it's pretty common to develop dental issues with RSD and it is probably due to the fact that the body doesn't get enough calcium.

Earlier this year, I had to have a root canal, a tooth extracted and a filling. I read somewhere on the internet that when having dental work with RSD, you should make sure the dentist knows about RSD to try and prevent any spreading etc.

Theres quite a few articles on the internet about RSD and Dental Work so we took them for my Dentist to read. In the articles, it said that you should have twice as much anaesthetic injected into the gum as a 'normal' person would. My dentist was very understanding and followed all of the info we gave him. He also read up on RSD before I had any dental work done.

Thankfully, I didn't have too many problems from the procedure. I had quite a bit of pain afterwards but it settled down within a few weeks and was nothing compared to RSD pain.

I wish you the best of luck with your procedures! Please let us know how it goes!

Alison.
AintSoBad (06-20-2009), kilikina (06-20-2009)