Thread: Just talking
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So far the pain is a little better today, but it is usually better in the morning anyway.

Jo, I don't want it to be RSD either... when all the tailbone problems started several months ago I typed the symptoms into google and RSD was the first to pop up. Reading the symptom list was like reading a list of my own symptoms. I asked my doctor about it and her response was that it would be "very rare" to have RSD in the tailbone area since it usually occurs in a limb, but then she said that based on my symptoms it was 'possible' and that 'time will tell'.

So, now it is several months later and all the symptoms remain and many have escalated. It sucks big time... the good thing is that the lidoderm patches do help to calm the nerve pain a bit, but the muscle spasms have not stopped in months.

Anyway, I have had a very strange day today. I woke up with no heat. I called the condo association emergency number and I was told that due to the holiday weekend that the residents would be charged to fix any problems... this is so screwy because I pay condo fees and any building fixes are supposed to come out of the condo fees fund.

Long story short - some sort of zone control thingy was broken. The good news is that this thingy controls the whole building and fixing it was only $300... and that gets divided between everyone in the building, so our cost is really cheap cause it's a big building with a lot of units.

I also found out this morning that my best friends brother passed away yesterday. I never knew her brother, but he had been sick for a long time (although no one expected him to pass away). My friend is an absolute mess and I spent a few hours at her place this morning. We sat in her kitchen drinking coffee in our pajamas (she lives in the condo complex so I just walked over there in my pj's when she called) and she was telling me all the good stories about her brother. I didn't even know him, but just hearing about what a good person he was made me cry with her.

It's only noon, and it's been a long day already.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote