View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 02:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girija View Post
Dear all,
Good Morning.
I posted my first message in this thread asking Paula about the conference I wanted to attend purely for financial reasons, I just wanted to share a hotel room with someone from this forum who might be going. What a turn it took.....
So many of you expressed your emotions, anguish, disappointment, anger,frustration, distrust.......I can go on with more words to describe your feelings. It is a testimony of what PD can do. I am now afraid to read more. I am relatively new to this PD world and too scared to think what might be in store for me.

While reading this thread, the picture that came to my mind was from my childhood, how my home town looked after a hurricane. It was totally unexpected, the whole town was mercilessly destroyed by the force of winds and water, paralyzed but the spirit of people intact. That hurricane was one the things I feared most in my life and now PD seems like that experience, instead of 3 days, its longer. I may be rambling here, but it just shows how troubled I am and how hopeless I feel right now.
Thanks for listening.

girija
This post reflects the sad revelation that can come from talk that has such time limits reflected in the responses. They can take a turn to personal and a debate on who is the most qualified to answer or suffered the most losses from Parkinson's and that is so unfair, I feel sorry for Debi for ever attempting to come here and share her opinion on what she deems MJF has accomplished and what it wants for the future.

Personal egos are so touchy and they always interrupt the flow of anything or anyone wanting to discuss the fact that a cure or even a treatment is the ultimate end for all. You will only get this from activism and no one person is going to do it without all joining in. The subject is not Parkinson's it is a cure or treatment for Parkinson's.

There is a way to work for the good of all whether they be newly diagnosed or late term educated or not and only willilng to offer whatever they have.

Surely all should be made welcome and whatever they say taken as there opinion and welcomed as well.

It's the cure folks......................that's all it is
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
girija (06-21-2009)