View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
Savella was the most recent drug to be approved for FMS. It is another type combo Antidepressant. I had a very bad reaction to it that made me feel like I was flaring for one month. My Rheum said it was the drug so I just d/c it.

Also, my Rheumatologist mentioned that Tapentadol ER (extended release) manufactured by Ortho-McNeil will be available next month. He feels it will be a good drug for FMS. It is a Oxycodone-type narcotic mixed with a Norepinepheran reuptake.

Dosage is two pills a day which is probably cleaner than taking multiple dosages of Loratab and daily Welbutrin. Nothing really new and wonderful though...

Mere
I took Savella for the two week titration pack and felt the worst flair I have ever had...terrible!

I have also been on Tramadol...I feel it is a sugar pill. No relief for pain. I take a handful...not really but it feels like it...of Aleve and have gone back to my Lortab. I do take Wellbutrin and muscle relaxers. When I get the feels like my skin is crawling I take a Xanax and it does take most of it away. I just want to go back to my Lortab and forget about all the new or old Fibro drugs! Thanks for caring and for all of the suggestion. It is always good to know what works for everyone else…

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (06-29-2009), mistiis (06-20-2009)