View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

gotta jump in here. girija, i've been tormented about portraying the reality of advanced pd. i can't tell you how much i beat myself up about these posts and tell myself to get the hell off the board,. it's an addiction too and soooo hard.

i know your post was completely innocent. and i don't know what to say to you about your fear, other than to tell you that everyone is different and you may not get that bad. i can't lie to you. you know the pitch eat well, exercise, etc. and that's true.

i used to be able to keep this at bay, and actually i am doing better - truly think i was starving but i still need all the meds. so there seems to be rooom for improvement at all stages or at least while you can still function.

one way to cope for me has always been thru advocacy projects. i was interested in exploring the interactions that are being created between business, foundation and patients. it doesn't take long to realize that they don't understand us, they don't deal with the abnormal and we are abnormal. we respond with emotion.

but it wasn't the manganese......when are they going to start putting names of chemicals out there?
gdnf denied. they won't stop and treat.....

there lie the reasons for distrust and fury

could you change your fear into fury? but i wouldn't recommend the level of intensity that comes from inside me.

dbiker, your point was crystal clear .....lots of research, no patients. thanks for taking the time to post that.

it's always the path of MOST RESISTANCE that we must travel it seems.

don't give up, you can live with it. may be we should consider something social online once a month, like games or something. my family spent many years in denial and stress, the peace has finally come. i got thru this terrible time because we got together off the board here, still do, we had our own social world. this made such a difference. we talk by phone.

coicidentally, girija, i live in florida and have been thru a hurricane or 15. one time we evacuated and kept drving all the way to peg and brenda's in Tennessee.

i'm here anytime to talk. we need distractions to survive. so maybe we should create some. i won't give you empty words, but i am ready for some levity. oh no one plays here......scrabble?

best to you,
paula

"I've never had advanced pd before."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
girija (06-20-2009)