View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Us and others

Just like vowels and consonants, Catholics and non-Catholics, optimists and realists, there are Parkinson people and the temporarily healthy. (Credit for last phrase goes to Greg,I think).

One of my biggest, illogical fears is that somehow,someday I would end up in prison. In actuality, I am honest and law-abiding, but suppose I panic at an auto accident and flee the scene or perhaps I might inadvertently take a book from Barnes and Noble and be stopped in the mall, unaware of my alleged thievery. Off to jail for me! It is a ridiculous worry. I hope.

However, in a way, I am already in prison. This disease is always incarcerating me and daily it reminds me. In this prison, there is a possiblity of pardon, but also the probability that the pardon will never come. I know all of you share this sentence, and I appreciate so those of you who advocate, like inmates reading law books.

Jayne, your comment to Debi that we are not unintelligent, we just look it, is so true. Also, the feeling of immunity from Parkinson's by those without it is predictable. Without a doubt some of those who walk unfettered by PD today might be in for that inevitable thumb twitch tomorrow - so innocent in appearance yet so malignant and insidious in its forecast.

I know I should do more, period. It is just that I am trying hard to hold on to normalcy until I no longer can. I so want to disappear unnoticed into the world of others. However, the legion of "us" marks my place.

By the way, I grew up in Philadelphia and play scrabble daily. Loved the first and depend on the second for relaxation.

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (06-21-2009)