Thread: Lonely?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Daniella,

I wish you lived near me, I could SO use a coffee buddy just like you. My pain levels have increased quite a bit lately, RSD really sucks and I am as miserable as can be....I've finally decided to take a leave of absence from work because I just can't deal with it anymore. My head really hurts all the time.

I am so sorry about the lonely part. I think its very hard for most other people to understand what we are going through. One of my closest friends is a nurse practioner, who is an incredibly smart women and who is also very compassionate. We walk our dogs together every morning, and she will give me advice if she notices that I don't look well or if I ask her questions about meds or doctors or any of that stuff. There is a certain comfort level in our friendship because she understands what I am going through.

I have gone through bouts of profound loneliness at different times in my life. I moved a couple hundred miles away from family to get married after college. My husband and I have both always worked many hours at our jobs. Its really tough when you don't have many people nearby that you consider close friends. I'm pretty sure I understand where you are coming from, and I'm really sorry for what you are feeling.

You might consider getting a dog. It's really awesome therapy.

Let me know if you would like to call me. I'll figure a way to get you my number, and I'll make a myself some coffee, and we can chat....You have a friend in me, girl. And even if we can't meet in person, we can still talk.

XOXOX Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 06-20-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote