View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a series of 7 SGB in Boston at St. E's - the first was Christmas Eve, the last one was May 11th. When my doctor administered the last block, he used more medication than he had in previous blocks with the notion that it would be my last, because he was referring me to the Beth Israel where he thought I would be accepted into their low dose ketamine program (a disastrous appt for me - I still cry about the monstrous docs I had the misfortune to meet, and the fact that meds exist that can help me that I'll never be able to get. Life is truly not fair.)

In any case, the 7 blocks gave me about 6 months of relief from many of my symptoms. My life wasn't perfect, but it was so much better than it is now. Since the last block wore off, I am flaring out of control so that even my Methodone isn't helping my head pain much anymore. I took a medical leave of absence from work as of last friday.

The last block may have caused my RSD to spread to leg, or perhaps it was going to spread anyway - I'll never know. But I am sure that I now have RSD in my right leg.

I am heading back to St. E's on Tuesday. After I have an MRI of my back, I may have a lumbar block done. And perhaps I'll have another SGB done to help my head. I don't know if they'll do both. But I do know that I would rather live without the pain and other symptoms, even for a period of just 3 weeks, than live like this.

Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-21-2009), aj822 (06-21-2009)