View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

PML has a pretty rapid course. It starts affecting the brain before anyone usually notices what's happening. That's why you have to be vigilant to any changes. Confirming it on MRI means the damage has already started.

The doc asks the old man at every visit if I have had any changes in my thinking or odd behaviors and reminds him to watch for them too and not to wait, just call him, and not to argue with me over it......like I wouldn't believe I'm sick or something!

He's said it enough that I listen to my body closely. He also stresses that anything that looks or feels even mildly like a relapse is a reason to call. Those will be the first symptoms.

He's not big on MRIs unless they are necessary, and I've only had two since I started. Those were at yearly intervals to see what's happening in my flip top head. They were excellent.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (06-21-2009)