View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I've weaned myself off all my meds except LDN, my thyroid med, my HBP med and the occasional Baclofen. I don't take an AD or any kind of sleeping pill.

Usually, during the week, after everyone has left for the day I go back to bed (around 7:30 AM) and can sleep until at least 11 AM. Some days I don't (or can't) but usually I do.

I'm not excessively sleepy during the day and if I do get tired I take a nap. During the day I'm interrupted more often than not, though, by the phone or the doorbell or just by daytime noises like lawn mowers, etc.

It hasn't really caused a problem for me since I can pretty much take a nap whenever I want to. If I wake up during the night I get up and play on the computer or watch a little TV until I get sleepy again. I can usually go back to sleep without a problem.

I've never been one to sleep 8 hours (except when fatigue hits). Not even as a teenager. And, I'm a morning person. LOVE the mornings. Love to sip coffee as the sun comes up and the birds start singing.

I'm sorry ya'll are having trouble sleeping, too. If I could work and had to be somewhere at a certain time I'm fairly sure this would all become a big problem for me.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Kitty; 06-21-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: corrected HBP
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (06-21-2009)