View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Daniella and Bobber, for your input.

Bobber - It's strange that your doctor said the chatty people seem to get RSD as I am nearly the opposite lol. I am chatty but only to the people I have known for a long time. I'm nervous and shy around people I don't really know whenever I see them in person. My dr told me that RSD seems to attack people like me that are shy and have a Type A personality. It's interesting how so many doctors have different theries on how RSD develops. I hope you're doing good!

Daniella - I tried pool therapy (hydrotherapy) before I was diagnosed with RSD and it didn't really help me. When I was diagnosed, my PT's said that it probably wouldn't help due to my additional problem of Dystonia as my muscles are tight all the time, even when I am in water. I do think that they mentioned they were thinking about trying it not so long ago when I have the intense PT to see if that makes a difference so will have to discuss it with them then. I have an appt with them on Wednesday so will hopefully have some answers then as this pain is really getting me down now. It would be great if you could get me in touch with the 17 year old girl that you know if you and her wouldn't mind - thanks so much!! I think it would really help me to see someone who has RSD but has managed to make progress, especially lately with me feeling down so i'd love to talk to her! Thanks again for your kind words, I really appreciate them and hope you're doing well!!
loretta (06-27-2009)