View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the nasty experience you had with the receptionist, Dew!!

I really hope that you are able to get things sorted soon as you really shouldn't have to put up with things like that! You'd think that your doctor would know when your script ran out and order another one for you seeing as though he is a trained medical professional!!!

I totally understand what you are going through. I was telling Pete on Facebook yesterday about the experience we had with the pharmacy near us last week. My mum went to put my prescription in for Ketamine and the receptionist/'nurse' said that she couldn't get it ready for us because of what it is as it is too strong. She has a note from my PM Doctor stating that he has prescribed the Ketamine for a serious chronic pain condition I have and that it is OK for me to get repeat prescriptions every 3 weeks if neccasary but yet they still wouldn't give it to us and kept saying if any drug addicts saw us with it, we would be in trouble.

It REALLY frustrates me how some people just automatically assume that anyone that is prescribed meds like Ketamine are drug addicts without actually realising that it is also used for pain!!! Ketamine is the only thing that helps me a little and I have been in a pain flare for a few weeks now as no one would sort it out.

I think we will have to start going through to the hospital for my scripts if this carries on which we don't want to do as it is about an hour away from where we are whereas the pharmacy is only about 2 minutes away. Hopefully they will look through my records and see that my doctor has indeed prescibed it. We were told that if they could get it, it would take at least 5 days as they need to order it in which is really frustrating!!

I'm sorry that you have had to deal with that also! It really annoys me how some people can be so uncaring. If the receptionist promised to call you back, she should call you back instead of just ignoring you.

I hope you are able to get this sorted once and for all Dew as I know how frustrating it is.

You are in my thoughts and please keep us posted as to how you get on!
AintSoBad (06-22-2009), Dew58 (06-21-2009)