View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I love Yerba Mate. It is fabulous. I can't remark on the PD advantages, but it is fantastic on sluggish gallbladders. It totally cured me, even when tests came back negative for stones.

Also it improves mood...and that happens in about 2 weeks. I only drank one teabag full daily too, and get wonderful effects.

I use only organic EcoTeas brand. (buy online).

I also found a capsule form from Jarrow that makes it even easier to use (if you don't want to drink it that is).

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...-Item/194?at=0

It is an extremely nice effective anti-oxidant. Claims are that it has twice the ORACs of green tea.

There are several papers on it at PubMed.
There are some that state, smoked herb --which is not green but brownish--- used heavily may promote certain oral cancers.
In S.America where enormous amounts are consumed like coffee that risk may be more, also combined with smoking tobacco, etc.

But the organic form, is not smoked hence, I think safer to use.
There are papers claiming anticancer effects when used properly.

I like it with a little candied ginger in it ---yum.

At the old forum there was a long post about it...someone even said their doctor recommended for them for PD.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2009)