View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Alffe, Addy and All -

My plate is more than full today.

Everyone in my household is ill with a severe flu. We are each at various stages of illness. The longest "case" in our home so far is at day #9 today. The H1N1 has been documented as an outbreak in this region. Schools had closed early because of this, etc. (We have not been tested, so we cannot be sure this is what we have, of course. Yet, we are getting "cabin fever" for needing to "isolate" for so long.)

It's Father's Day and my elderly stepdad was able to go to his home today, after a lenghty hospitalization. He is totally worn out from chemotherapy, radiation, active cancer, blood clots and more. He has just recovered from a severe infection, due to a very low white count. His prognosis is very poor. He is very worn out. My mother, his caregiver, is totally worn out, too. He's been a great stepdad to me and a wonderful husband to my mother. I love him very much.

My Dad had left us, having taken his own life, over 30 years ago now. I still miss him, especially on Father's Day.

And...this is only representative of a very small portion of "what is on my plate today." The rest, I cannot even begin to mention yet. Maybe I will find the words and the strength or courage another time. I know we all have days like these, at one time or another.

Somedays... are much more difficult than others.
Yet, the sun always shines through... sooner or later.

I am waiting...ever so patiently.

Last edited by DejaVu; 06-21-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-23-2009), Alffe (06-23-2009), barbo (06-22-2009), Doody (06-22-2009), Lara (06-30-2009), mistiis (06-22-2009), Nik-key (06-21-2009)