Thread: Memory Loss?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've tried to get one of my many Neurologists and my Epileptologist to address the memory loss 'issue' and they ALL swear by the book Epilepsy and/or Seizures do not cause memory loss; but blame the medication instead.

I personally think it's a combination. Speaking for myself, my memory has been crap since my seizures started and it gets worse with time. I'll be 30 in June, and my memory has been bad since I was young. My medications made it worse, my short term memory is not anything I would rely on.

I frequently forget even talking, so I have to say things like, "Honey, did I ask you what you wanted for dinner or did I think I did...but didn't?"

It's like as soon as I think to say it, I forget it before it comes out of my mouth, the same applies for physical actions. It's frustrating, I snicker at myself every now and then - like when I check the mail 3 times in a row (), but it gets annoying when it is non-stop.

People around me tend to get a kick out of it, but sometimes it hurts my feelings.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote