Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herco View Post
Thanks for the reply mrsD.
I'll talk with my doctor about the serotonin test. Could mirtazapine cause a burning sensation? I've been on it since 9/07. Parathesia is a listed possible side effect for mirtazapine but I'm not sure if that includes burning sensations. Also, the clinical pharmacology info states that mirtazapine is a "potent antagonist of histamine receptors". I don't know what this means but could it cause burning?
You are taking Remeron now, while you have this side effect?
A quick look at rxlist.com lists
vasodilation
rash
itching
as frequent side effects.

This site gives reported side effects to the FDA for drugs. This is Remeron's: There is a report there of "burning" sensations.
http://patientsville.com/medication/...de_effects.htm

When a person is on a drug, and has long term reactions, it is always advisable to discuss with the doctor stopping the drug (or switch to another) to see if the drug is the causative agent.
You should not do this yourself. You should have medical supervision.

Burning/itching is also a sign of liver malfunctioning. So I hope you are having periodic liver tests?

It is far more likely that you are having adverse reactions to this drug, than that you have Carcinoid syndrome. Any testing while using this drug will be useless and give slanted results.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote