View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Burning while on Remeron.

Thanks again mrsD.
Yes, I am taking 15mg mirtazapine and the burning that started 7/10/09, two hours after starting prozac, continues. One of the reasons I am reaching out for web help is because doctors have not been helpful when it comes to looking at medications as a cause of the burning. Several doctors told me to simply ignore the burning or said they have no idea what is going on. This went on for months--while the burning spread and became more intense. One day I saw an ad for WebMD on tv and used the site. I typed in my symptoms and PN turned up. Then I went back to my GP and he referred me to a neurologist. A thorough neurological workup (their description) turned up idiopathic neuropathy and I was sent on my way with a gabapentin prescription in hand. This thorough exam did not include a thyroid test: months later I had this test done and am now being treated for a hypothyroid condition. I turned to the web to see if others have started to burn while on these meds. You have given me new info to look at. Thanks
Herco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote