View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A few thoughts here about this thread.

As I wrote in my earlier post, the reality of PD as described here was overwhelming for me. I have been thinking about a lot. What do I believe in, a false hope that a cure is around the corner or the reality that nothing is there to help me? My symptoms get worse when I am down, and I can function better when my spirits are up. Given that, its true for many, what is wrong in living with a false hope especially for the newly diagnosed? If it works to slow down the progression and gives a few more years of "normal" life, isn't it worth it?

Each of us have faith in something or other, alternate therapies, diet, exercise, science etc., and we all are hopeful that it works. For example, having been in academics and seen at least a few discoveries that benefited patients, I am not so distrustful of researchers when I hear them say a cure is a few years away. Thats what they are hoping for and working for and one needs that to go on.

I am usually an optimistic person and managed to get back on that path. If I am fed false hope and if it works for me, I will use it for my advantage!!! I may sound naive, but that is my survival strategy.

Girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2009), rose of his heart (06-23-2009)